Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® Foundation Programme
Build an organisation’s entire development journey around the world’s leading personality tool.
The MBTI Foundation Programme provides the qualification training necessary to administer and provide feedback on one of the most globally renowned, versatile and widely used personality questionnaires.
This course equips you with a powerful understanding of personality type, and with the skills and knowledge to use the MBTI tool with individuals and teams. During your MBTI Step I training you will learn to understand the differences between personality types, and enable groups and individuals to work together more effectively. This helps improve communication and reduce conflict in the workplace.
MBTI accreditation will ensure that you are confident in applying your personality type training quickly and easily.
3 + 1 days
MBTI Foundation Programme
The MBTI Foundation Programme requires no previous experience.
Training Workshop Dates:
11 – 13 January (3 days) and 8 March 2016
Venue: Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, Coram Street, London WC1N 1HT
Financial contribution for this prorgramme is being subsidised by London Leadership Academy to be just £1,500 per person (usual price approx. £2,985)
MBTI training can be an invaluable L&OD tool that helps people understand different preferences and work together more effectively.
If you are available on all 4 of the above dates and would like to register your interest please contact Sherin.Jacob@leadershipacademy.nhs.uk
- You must be an NHS employee
- You must use it to assess at least 3 people a year
- You must be able to attend all four training days
- You must be able to be released to facilitate many 1:1 sessions (this programme is therefore recommended for Band 6 and above)
- The content of the MBTI framework and how to unlock the insight it provides on personality differences
- Essential skills to apply the MBTI instrument in one-to-one and group settings
- Simple, practical, fun and relevant exercises to enable you to apply MBTI insights quickly and easily
- How to be a professional, ethical and competent practitioner
- How to use type dynamics to gain greater depth and understanding of personality types
- How to get organisation-wide buy-in to the MBTI instrument
Adopting accelerated learning techniques, the programme provides a varied approach including distance learning, interactive exercises, and an engaging mix of group and individual work. Each participant will receive coaching on their feedback skills during a practice session overseen by experienced trainers. Competence is gauged via an online multiple-choice examination and a practical assessment of feedback skills.
- Raise self-awareness, build teams, and add focus and depth to development interventions with the MBTI Step I instrument
- Understand the wide variety of business applications to which MBTI Step I can be applied
- Create a more productive working culture, using an easily accessible framework for identifying personality differences and similarities
- MBTI accreditation provides access to a wealth of application reports covering teams, conflict, careers, decision-making, stress, and more
“Recommended for anyone who works anywhere other than a one-man capsule in outer space (and arguably even then...)!”
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Interpretive Report for Organisations
Acts as the basis for the first feedback session, giving MBTI scores along with in-depth analysis of strengths at work and areas for improvement.
Goes beyond group feedback, revealing the way a team thinks and works and how to raise its game, with ready-made action steps.
Communication Style Report
Eliminates obstacles to business objectives by showing people how they communicate and how they can adapt this approach for others, with clear
strategies for success.
Decision-Making Style Report
Enables individuals to make better-quality business decisions by recognising how personality affects decision-making, with practical tips for improvement.
Conflict Style Report
Prevents damaging and wasteful conflict and improves business effectiveness by highlighting how to recognise and adapt to conflict situations.
Stress Management Report
Improves effectiveness and reduces the risk of burnout, by recognising the early signs and likely triggers of stress, and providing techniques to prevent it.
Provides a solid basis for productive career counselling by showing how personality influences career choices and subsequent career development.
Easy online administration
OPP’s online administration platform OPP assessment provides a quick, convenient way to administer the MBTI Step I tool and to generate a comprehensive range of application reports.